Monday, March 17, 2008

A Baltimore Weekend



So I am craving my favorite eat spot, Sushi San in Canton. They have the best sushi ever.I arrive at 1pm and Start off with the house salad with sesame seed dressing. Right into the Snow White roll and a Terp roll. Just what the doctor ordered. I then get the urge for some new vinyl. I drive down the street to Fells Point to stop into SoundGarden. They carry a great little section of club and hip hop. I am surprised to see the "Baltimore Club" section is growing....TWO ROWS NOW!!! I flashback to Bernie's store "Music LIberated" that was floors of club :( RIP BERNIE!!! So I come back to my small selection and happiness return as I remember for a brief moment of only two records here months before. It the selection are newcomers Tittsworth & Ayres, Some A Trak, New Technics reprints, DJ Booby, Scottie B's Money Lotion, and Bird Peterson. The section is growing but filled primarily with out of towners.
WHERE IS BMORE PRODUCERS AT? Georgia, NY...who said that??? Its true many club producers have relocated out of town. And I understand 100%. So I comeback from a 90's Bmore flashback and see some new
records I gotta have. Since I was diggin for breaks I am not going to reveal the names but they were definitely worth the price tag. I roll out of there to the packed tourists stumbling around for the St Patty Day festivities. The traffic uggggghhh. (to be continued)